Beginning on Tuesday, April 1, aspiring students and chefs alike will be able to apply for 2014 James Beard Foundation scholarships or grants. We'll post a full list of available scholarships, application materials, and details about eligibility to our scholarships page on that day. Here's a snapshot of what we'll be offering:
- Spencer’s Restaurant at the Mountain: the four-star American restaurant in Palm Springs, California, is offering an unrestricted scholarship to a deserving student selected by the JBF Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Andrew Zimmern’s “Second Chances” Scholarship: sponsored by Eyebobs, will offer a student faced with extreme challenges, a “second chance,” to overcome these hardships.
- Green Door Gourmet Scholarship: sponsored by Sylvia Harrelson Ganier, will reward a student with an interest in sustainable farming and learning creative cooking using fresh, nutritious foods.
- Miljenko “Mike” Grgich’s American Dream Scholarship: sponsored by Grgich Hills Estate; offers a professional wine studies program.
- Union Center National Bank Scholarship: will be presented to an individual from the state of New Jersey who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and aspiration for excellence.
Be sure to check back on April 1 for complete scholarship information and applications. In the meantime, read more about JBF's upcoming 2014 scholarships and grants.
Leave A Reply
- Atlantic Food Channel
- Cook and Eat Better
- Daily Dish/Los Angeles Times
- Diner's Journal/New York Times
- Grub Street
- Hungry Beast
- Immaculate Infatuation
- Insatiable Critic
- JBF Awards
- JBF Awards Press Room
- Michael Ruhlman
- Savory Cities
- Serious Eats
- The Feed
- The Stew/Chicago Tribune
- Zester Daily