JBF Greens: Foodies under 40
James Beard Foundation Greens events are for New York City–area food lovers between the ages of 21 and 39. Greens guests get to discover the city’s newest restaurants, chefs, and culinary trends, all while enjoying great food and drinks. While these events are open to the public, a JBF Greens membership entitles you to reduced pricing for all events, early access to event booking, entrance to special members-only gatherings, and many other great benefits.
Greens events are open to the public, but a JBF Greens membership offers many fantastic benefits, including reduced pricing for all Greens programming, early booking privileges, and more. The annual Greens membership dues are $75.
JBF Greens members receive:
- Advance notice of Greens events, which are held about once a month
- Member-priced tickets for two people for all Greens events (does not apply to non-Greens events)
- JBF Notes, our bimonthly newsletter exclusively for JBF members
- Beard Bites member version, our biweekly e-newsletter with exclusive content for members
- Access to exclusive members content on jamesbeard.org
- Special pricing at select James Beard House events, as available
*Please note that JBF Greens members receive member-level prices for Greens events only. Greens members do not receive the member rate for regular JBF dining events at the James Beard House and special events. There are at least a dozen JBF Greens events throughout the year.
Held at numerous dynamic venues throughout the five boroughs, Greens events include wine tastings, multi-course dinners, and From Scratch Sessions, our series of hands-on cooking classes and demos.
Upcoming 2015 Greens events:
- Chocolate-making class at Voilà Chocolat (July)
- Queens Cuisine: Dinner at the Beard House featuring Queens Chefs and Artisans (October)
- JBF Greens Annual Holiday Party: Cocktail Party at the Beard House (December)
Past 2015 Greens events:
- Dinner at Webster Hall with Dinner Lab
- A Night of Film & Food with Film Society of Lincoln Center
- The From Scratch Sessions: Nebbiolo
- Pizza and wine class with Chef Mark Bello
- Jazz at Lincoln Center: an evening of delicious food, great views and New Orleans Jazz
- An evening of Armagnac
Past 2014 Greens events:
- Annual Greens Holiday Party at the James Beard House
- Baking Class with One Girl Cookies
- Mexican Coastal Dinner at Pampano
- Brooklyn Cooks: our annual dinner at the James Beard House featuring Brooklyn-based chefs and artisans
- A Summer Wine Dinner at Corkbuzz Wine Studio
- A Night of Film & Food with the Film Society of Lincoln Center: a screening of Jiro Dreams of Sushi and reception with five chefs and wine, beer, and sake pairings
- Jazz at Lincoln Center: an evening of delicious food, stunning views, and great music
- Sustainable Seafood Dinner at Sopra at Amali
- Greens members-only cocktail party at Betony
- New Zealand Wine Fair: A walk-around tasting of more than 25 New Zealand wineries, plus food provided by New York City chefs
To view our complete events calendar, click here.
Greens Event Invitation Signup
Want to get Greens invitations in your inbox? Sign up below! Anyone can sign up for Greens invitations, but members get advance notice of all events and can make their reservations earlier. Greens members are automatically added to our email list when they join.
Have questions about the Greens membership? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in hosting a Greens event? Email us at email@example.com.
Past Event Highlights
The James Beard Foundation Greens and Stonehenge Partners kicked off summer with an evening of stunning views, delicious food, refreshing drinks, and great music at a sky-high party on the 36th floor of the Olivia in New York City.
Jazz at Lincoln Center
The Greens met up with Jazz at Lincoln Center's own under-40 group, Hang Set, for a festive night of stunning views, classic jazz, and delicious food prepared by some of New York's top chefs.
A Moveable Feast
The Greens joined residents from the Stonehenge portfolio for a unique tasting party, hopping from apartment to apartment to try gourmet bites and tasty beverages, all while taking in fantastic city views.
At the most recent installment of our beloved Brooklyn Cooks event, the Greens enjoyed an eclectic multi-course dinner prepared by a team of popular Brooklyn-based chefs and artisans. Diners also enjoyed a range of spirits from the Glenlivet portfolio.
Fall Pie Class with First Prize Pies
Allison Kave of First Prize Pies taught JBF Greens the secrets behind perfectly flaky pie crust and demonstrated a range of creative, autumnal pie fillings. Attendees were also treated to samples of Kave’s award-winning pies.
The James Beard Foundation Greens got a dose of good cheer at our yearly holiday party, which was held at the historic James Beard House. This walk-around event featured culinary delights from some of the city's most exciting chefs, as well as wines and cocktails.