2017 JBF Food Summit: Consuming Power
2017 JBF Food Summit:
October 23–24, 2017
Convene Conference Center
New York City
What do Americans want from their food? What do the challenges and opportunities for a sustainable food system look like in the new political landscape? Where are the new levers of change for policy and business? How can we engage consumers to encourage companies and governments to provide the healthful and delicious food everyone wants to eat. And what role can chefs and other leaders in the culinary industry play?
Leading strategists, business executives, policy makers, nonprofit directors, consumer behavior specialists, philanthropists, and other leaders joined together for one of the most important, impactful and inspiring gatherings of the year.
- Jill Gress, Vice President, Radius Global Market Research
- Tamar Haspel, Journalist, Washington Post
- Jonas Kaplan, Assistant Research Professor of Psychology, Brain and Creativity Institute and Co-Director of the Dana & David Dornsife Cognitive Neuroimaging Center, University of Southern California
- Jennifer Kuzma, Goodnight-NC GSK Foundation Distinguished Professor, School of Public Health and International Affairs and Co-Director, Genetic Engineering and Society Center, North Carolina State University
- Mark Schatzker, Author, The Dorito Effect and Steak
- Mary Wagner, Founder and President, MK Wagner & Associates, and formerly Research and Development with Starbucks, Mars, E. & J. Gallo Winery, and Taco Bell
Check out the 2017 JBF Food Summit agenda.
NEW! Consumer Study Findings
JBF has released findings from its first-ever research study undertaken to understand American consumers’ motivations and thought processes behind their food choices, beliefs, and behaviors. The research project, coordinated by Karen Karp & Partners (KK&P), and conducted in collaboration with Radius Global Market Research and the Good Housekeeping Institute, focuses on what people have been eating, doing, and thinking about food over the last three years. Read the executive summary here.
To stay up-to-date on the JBF Food Summit and other Impact Programs, sign up for the JBF Impact newsletter.
“The James Beard Foundation Food Conference was a catalyst for realizing the necessity to capitalize on intelligent, committed entrepreneurs in the food system by formally creating a venture fund to meet the growing needs of this good food sector.”
—Jason Ingle, Founder, Closed Loop Capital and Greener Partners
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.