2019 James Beard Awards News
The call for entry period is now open! Get more information and enter now.
In order to support our values of inclusion and diversity, changes have been made to the James Beard Awards process. Learn more.
With the support of S.Pellegrino® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water, who is committed to shining a spotlight on diverse voices in the industry, the James Beard Foundation waived the entry fee this year for our Book, Broadcast, and Design awards during the first two weeks of the open call, from October 15 to 29, 2018.
Also, first-time entrants in the James Beard Foundation Journalism Awards will be free throughout the entry period.
There is no fee to recommend candidates for the Restaurant and Chef Awards.
2019 James Beard Awards Key Dates
- Monday, October 29, 2018* – Free Entry Period for Book**, Broadcast** and Design Ends (Closed)
- Saturday, December 1, 2018* – Deadline for Leadership Awards Submissions (Closed)
- Friday, December, 7, 2018* – Deadline for Book Awards Entries (Closed)
- Monday, December 31, 2018* – Deadline for Restaurant and Chef Awards Submissions (Closed)
- Wednesday, January 2, 2019* – Deadline for Broadcast and Journalism Awards Entries (Closed)
- Friday, January 25, 2019* – Deadline for Design Awards entries
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019 – Semifinalist Announcement
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019 – Nominee Announcement
- Friday, April 26, 2019 – Media Awards Dinner, Pier 60, NYC
- Sunday, May 5, 2019 – Leadership Awards Dinner, Chicago
- Monday, May 6, 2019 – Awards Gala, Chicago
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Be the first to know about breaking Awards news and more by signing up for our Awards newsletter.
View an archived list of all past Who's Who in Food & Beverage winners.
* Deadlines closes 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the dates specified
** For work published or released after the free entry window closes, the Foundation will allow individuals to write firstname.lastname@example.org for an exception prior to October 29, 2018, which the committees will review on a case-by-case basis.