Please join us in lifting up and supporting Black-owned businesses in your community.
Below are lists compiled by Black writers, activists, leaders, and diners. Please send information about other Black-owned restaurants and food businesses to email@example.com.
To learn more about Black leaders in the culinary industry, we recommend following Black Food Folks on Instagram.
Black-Owned Restaurants and Businesses by City and Region
- Atlanta: Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Black People Eats
- Austin (Austin Monthly)
- Baltimore (Black People Eats)
- Boston (Boston Magazine)
- Charlotte (Charlotte Agenda)
- Chicago: Black People Eats and Seasoned and Blessed
- Dallas (Starving on a Budget)
- Houston: Black People Eats and the Houston Chronicle
- Los Angeles (L.A. Times)
- Miami (Miami Herald)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (City Pages)
- New Orleans (Black People Eats)
- New York City: Crowd-sourced list and the Infatuation
- Oklahoma City (OKC Eats)
- Orlando (ClickOrlando.com)
- Phoenix (AZ Central)
- Portland (Portland Mercury)
- San Francisco
- Seattle: Crowd-sourced list and the Seattle Times
- South Florida (Edible South Florida)
- Syracuse (Syracuse.com)
- Washington, D.C.: Black People Eats and Feed the Malik
Learn about more Black-owned restaurants across the country through Black Restaurant Week. Twitter user @LEXartistes has shared a general resource list for how you can engage if you're not attending a protest. You can also support Black-owned restaurants through a relief fund organized by Black People Eats.