Want to know what’s cooking in American restaurants right now? Just take a peek into the James Beard House kitchen, where dozens of chefs from all over the country come to cook each month. From Steak Tartare with Korean Pears and Pickled Mustard Seeds (pictured above) to Octopus with Rapini and Hibiscus Lardo to Chicory–Citrus Salad with Rosemary Panna Cotta, here are 6 mouthwatering dishes you'll want to chow down on during the month of January:
- Big-Eye Tuna with Quail Egg, Lingotto Caviar, and Meyer Lemon Emulsion on January 18
- Octopus with Rapini, Hibiscus Lardo, Sweet Potato, and Caviar on January 19
- Pork Skin Noodles with Housemade ‘Nduja, Clams, Sherry Vinegar, and Farm Herbs on January 27
- Steak Tartare with Korean Pears, Galbi Sauce, Sesame Oil, Pickled Mustard Seeds, Chervil, and Fried Beef Tendon Chips on January 29
- Lamb with Blackened Onions and Cardamom on January 30
- Chicory–Citrus Salad with Rosemary Panna Cotta, Toasted Almond Vinaigrette, and Almond Crunch on January 31
To view all upcoming Beard House dinners and book your seat, check out our events calendar.