Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Maine Farmhouse Supper, 7:00 P.M.
Chris Wilcox, The Velveteen Habit, Cape Neddick, ME
Whether he’s butchering a whole hog or tending to his on-site garden at his secluded Maine restaurant, the Velveteen Habit, Chris Wilcox’s sustainable ethos guides his culinary practice. Beard House diners will sample the chef’s signature 18th-century farmhouse cookery in a rustic yet elegant feast featuring cured, smoked, fermented, and pickled ingredients in dishes like Hyssop-Cured Scottish Salmon with Pickled Beets and Beer Nuts; English Pea Falafel with Country Ham and Horseradish Labneh; and Slow-Roasted Rhubarb with Fennel and Whipped Yogurt.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Chicken Liver Mousse with Fermented Ground Cherries and Puffed Black Rice
- Smoked Clam Dip with Buttermilk on Whole-Wheat Crackers
- Buttermilk Cheese with Smashed Fava Beans on Grilled Sourdough
- Hyssop-Cured Scottish Salmon with Pickled Beets and Beer Nuts
- CHÂTEAU DE LA GRAVELLE MONNIÈRES-SAINT FIACRE MUSCADET SÈVRE ET MAINE 2009
- Peekytoe Crab with Grilled Asparagus and Deviled Egg
- ALEXANDRE MONMOUSSEAU CLOS LE VIGNEAU VOUVRAY 2012
- English Pea Falafel with Country Ham and Horseradish Labneh
- DOMAINE DU CRÊT DE BINE BEAUJOLAIS 2013
- Ember-Roasted Sweetbread–Wild Mushroom Raviolo with Toasted Hazelnuts and Anise
- THE VELVETEEN HABIT CHARDONNAY 2012
- Dry-Aged Cold Spring Ranch Sirloin with Spring Succotash
- MAGIC DOOR VINEYARDS RUTHERFORD CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2012
- Slow-Roasted Rhubarb with Fennel and Whipped Yogurt
- STEINDORFER CUVÉE BEERENAUSLESE SEEWINKEL 2013
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.