Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Baja Seafood and Spirits Celebration, 7:00 P.M.
Jason McLeod, Ironside Fish & Oyster, San Diego / Bartender Erick Castro, Polite Provisions, San Diego
It’s no secret that San Diego’s dining offerings are replete with pristine seafood, but one of the city’s lesser-known assets is its booming cocktail scene. Tonight’s Beard House dinner showcases both, with chef Jason McLeod preparing Baja seafood and acclaimed bartender Erick Castro on drinks duty. Expect flavor-packed plates such as Smoked Abalone with Avocados, Seaweed, and Butter; Chocolate Clams Casino with Bacon and Romesco; and San Diego Uni with Mussel Escabèche and Red Kelp.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Seared Yellowtail with Chicharrones and Pickled Shallots
- Kumiai Oysters with Apricot Mignonette
- Anchovy Toasts with Olives, Pine Nuts, and Peppers
- JOHNNY UTAH > BLANCO TEQUILA WITH LIME, CELERY, SELTZER, AND ABSINTHE
- MAYAN CONCUBINE > REPOSADO TEQUILA WITH LEMON, APRICOT LIQUEUR, AND BITTERS
- RITE OF PASSAGE > LONDON DRY GIN WITH BASIL EAU DE VIE, BIANCO VERMOUTH, AND SEA SALT
- San Diego Uni with Mussel Escabèche and Red Kelp
- ROSEMARY BEACH > BLANCO TEQUILA WITH LIME, ROSEMARY, AND CHAMPAGNE
- Smoked Abalone with Avocados, Seaweed, and Butter
- UNCLE JALAPEÑO > BLANCO TEQUILA WITH JALAPEÑO AND HOUSEMADE PINEAPPLE SODA
- Chocolate Clams Casino with Bacon and Romesco
- NOT-SO-DIRTY MARTINI > OLIVE OIL–INFUSED GIN WITH BAY LEAF–INFUSED DRY VERMOUTH AND SUZE
- Longspine Thornyhead Rockfish with Salted Black Cod Roe, Fava Beans, Meyer Lemon, and Mizuna
- OCEANSIDE ROYALE > LONDON DRY GIN WITH LIME, MINT, SEA SALT, CELERY BITTERS, AND CHAMPAGNE
- Carlsbad Strawberries with Rhubarb, Almond Crumble, and Sabayon
- STRAWBERRY–VANILLA MILK PUNCH > BOURBON WITH CREAM, STRAWBERRIES, AND VANILLA