On the Menu: Thursday, April 28, 2016
Maggie BordenMaggie Borden
April 28, 2016
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House and around the country.
Celebrity Chef Tour / Nashville, 6:00 P.M.
Host Chef Jacob Strang / JBF Award Winner Justin Aprahamian, Sanford Restaurant, Milwaukee / Steve Phelps, Indigenous, Sarasota, FL / Hosea Rosenberg, Blackbelly Market, Boulder, CO / JBF Award Winner Jason Stanhope, FIG, Charleston, SC
Our national Celebrity Chef Tour dinner series is coming to the Music City for a night of tempting bites from top-notch toques like JBF Award winners Justin Aprahamian and Jason Stanhope, and Top Chef’s Hosea Rosenberg.
Check out the event listing for more information.
Progressive Mexican, 7:00 P.M.
Diego Galicia and Rico Torres, Mixtli, San Antonio
Mixtli’s small space belies the impressive ambitions of its staff: every six weeks, the kitchen presents a fresh new menu that showcases ingredients and techniques from one of Mexico’s 31 states, a concept that JBF Award–winning food personality Andrew Zimmern has praised as “brilliant, progressive Mexican cuisine.” For their Beard House dinner, the chefs are showcasing the ephemeral yet enticing nature of their personal cuisines through dishes like Sopa de Frijol Negro with Hoja Santa and Madeleines; Pork Ribs with Chicharrones and Pineapple; and Huaxmole with Beef Cheeks and Blue Corn.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Ceviche del Día > Watermelon with Tamarind and Vanilla
- Tostaditas de Huitlacoche > Blue Corn Tortillas with Huitlacoche and Queso Fresco
- Sopes with Black Beans, Chorizo, and Oaxacan Cheese
- Sopa de Frijol Negro with Hoja Santa and Madeleines
- Housemade Pasta with Huitlacoche, Pecorino, and Basil
- Mancha Manteles > Root Vegetables, Plantains, and Chayote
- Cerdo al Pastor > Pork Ribs with Chicharrones and Pineapple
- Huaxmole with Beef Cheeks and Blue Corn
- Cheesecake with Blackberries and Guava
- A SELECTION OF FINE WINES WILL BE SERVED WITH THIS DINNER.
Can't make it to the Beard House? Read about Galicia's and Torres's recommended San Antonio restaurants and more.