Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Escape to Maui, 7:00 P.M.
Isaac Bancaco, Ka'ana Kitchen, Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort, Wailea, HI
You might recognize Isaac Bancaco from Iron Chef America, where he assisted his mentor Ming Tsai in an upset against Iron Chef Bobby Flay, but you’re about to get to know the acclaimed Maui-born-and-bred chef as part of the new generation of cooks working with local producers to create exceptional Hawaiian cuisine. Get a sense of what’s on trend on the islands with plates like Hawaiian-Style Poke with Inamona, Limu, and Maui Onions; Kaua’i Shrimp with Coconut Curd and Pineapple Pickle; and Abalone Risotto with Onsen Tamago and Shiitake Salt.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’oeuvre
- Malama Farm Pork Rillettes with Pickled Scallion Bulbs and Miso Cream Cheese on Brioche
- Watermelon with Surfing Goat Dairy Feta, Walnuts, and Watercress
- Hawaiian-Style Poke with Inamona, Limu, and Maui Onions
- Kaua’i Shrimp with Coconut Curd and Pineapple Pickle
- LEHUA 1974 > ULUPALAKUA VINEYARDS HULA O’MAUI SPARKLING PINEAPPLE WINE WITH GIN, LOCAL SUGARCANE JUICE, AND CITRUS
- KE OKE’O MALIA > PAU MAUI HAWAIIAN VODKA WITH OPIHI SHELLFISH, PRESERVED CITRUS, AND TOMATO WATER
- Ekahi > Somen Noodles with Black Sesame Sauce, Maitake Mushrooms, and Chile Oil
- DOMAINE HUET LE HAUT-LIEU VOUVRAY 2014
- Elua > Octopus with Surfing Goat Dairy Secret Sicily Chèvre, Preserved Lemon, Asparagus, and Bitter Greens
- GORRONDONA BIZKAIKO TXAKOLINA 2013
- Ekolu > Abalone Risotto with Onsen Tamago and Shiitake Salt
- EDI SIMCIC MALVAZIJA 2010
- Eha > Wagyu Beef Cheeks with Peanuts, XO Sauce, and Banana Blossoms
- PAOLO BEA ARBOREUS TREBBIANO SPOLETINO VINTAGE 2011
- Poi Mochi with Liliko‘i, Waialua Estate Chocolate, and Goat’s Milk Caramel
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.