Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Cinco de Mayo, 7:00 P.M.
Adam Rose, Villalobos, Montclair, NJ
Thanks to the talented Adam Rose, the New York Times has declared that “New Jersey now has a modern Mexican culinary destination that wouldn’t be out of place in Los Angeles or Chicago.” We’ve tapped Rose, whose cooking draws on traditional recipes and indigenous ingredients, to present a spirited Cinco de Mayo feast. Get into the holiday mood with dishes like Jonah Crab Salad Sopes with Cucumber, Caviar, and Manzano Chiles; Seared Beef Tongue with Pistachio–Mulato Chile Salsa, Yerba Buena, Spring Peas, and Fingerling Potatoes; and Mole-Spiced Beef Brisket with Yuca, Huitlacoche, and Pipián Sauce.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Sesame-Marinated Tuna and Mango Tostadas
- Jonah Crab Salad Sopes with Cucumber, Caviar, and Manzano Chiles
- Beef Tartare with Pasilla Chile Purée, Epazote, and Eggs
- TECATE WITH SAL DE GUSANO
- Villalobos Guacamole with Salsa Trio and Masa Crisps
- ILEGAL MEZCAL, AGAVE, AND CILANTRO COCKTAIL
- Scallop Aguachile > Sliced Scallop Crudo with Raw Tomatillo, Ramps, and Sunflower Sprouts
- L.A. CETTO CHENIN BLANC 2013
- Seared Beef Tongue with Pistachio–Mulato Chile Salsa, Yerba Buena, Spring Peas, and Fingerling Potatoes
- NEGRA MODELO DARK BEER
- Taco Duo > Grilled Octopus al Pastor with Preserved Pineapple and Charred Lime Crema; and Pork Belly Carnitas with Cotija Cheese, Roasted Corn, and Chipotle Morita Chiles
- SIERRA NEVADA OTRA VEZ GOSE-STYLE ALE
- Mole-Spiced Beef Brisket with Yuca, Huitlacoche, and Pipián Sauce
- L.A. CETTO ZINFANDEL 2011
- Cinnamon Flan with Mango, Vanilla Bean, and Campeche
- ILEGAL MEZCAL AÑEJO
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.