Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Bay Area Seafood Sophisticate, 7:00 P.M.
Matthew Dolan, Twenty Five Lusk and Tap , San Francisco
At his pair of superb San Francisco eateries, chef and co-owner Matthew Dolan combines his classic European technique with Northern California ingredients and sensibilities. For his Beard House reprise, Dolan will delight seafood lovers with a decadent and sustainability-minded feast, featuring dishes like Organic Beef Short Rib Pop Tarts with Cherry Tomato Candy; Cinnamon-Smoked Halibut with Crispy Fig Leaves, Pickled Avocado, Ramps, Uni, Goat Butter Powder, and Rye Crisp; and Sous Vide New York Strip Steak with Potato Waffle, Black Pepper–Tomato Jam, and Savory Maple Reduction that prove just how delicious conscious consumption can be.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Foie Gras Torchons with Salted Peanut Brittle, Red Gooseberries, and Black Salt
- Organic English Pea Canapés with Trout Roe and Mint on Brioche
- Comté–Castelvetrano Olive Conserva Gougères
- Organic Beef Short Rib Pop Tarts with Cherry Tomato Candy
- Arctic Char Pastrami with Fromage Blanc, Capers, and Dill on Bavarian-Style Pretzels
- CHAMPAGNE LAURENT-PERRIER BRUT NV
- Cinnamon-Smoked Halibut with Crispy Fig Leaves, Pickled Avocado, Ramps, Uni, Goat Butter Powder, and Rye Crisp
- PASCAL JOLIVET SANCERRE 2013
- Grilled Octopus with Asparagus Coulis, Poached Crayfish Tail, Crayfish Profiterole, and Meyer Lemon Emulsion
- DOMÄNE WACHAU FEDERSPIEL GRÜNER VELTLINER 2013
- Berkshire Pork Loin with Tempura Bacon, Chive Flowers, Grilled Pineapple, Parsnip Purée, and Kumquat Sauce
- CHÂTEAU LA GORDONNE VÉRITÉ DU TERROIR ROSÉ 2014
- Sous Vide New York Strip Steak with Potato Waffle, Black Pepper–Tomato Jam, and Savory Maple Reduction
- STAG’S LEAP WINE CELLARS ARTEMIS CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2012
- Opera Cake with White Chocolate, Cherries, and Cherry Sorbet
- BANFI ROSA REGALE BRACHETTO D’ACQUI 2014