On the Menu: Beef Tongue Pastrami on Rye BiscuitsMaggie Borden
July 19, 2016
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Elegant Tavern Supper, 7:00 P.M.
Joseph Burnett, The Osprey Tavern, Orlando, FL
Chef Joseph Burnett, who cut his teeth under JBF Award winner and Florida icon Norman Van Aken, celebrates the vibrant cuisine of the Gulf Coast at Orlando’s Osprey Tavern, serving stylish and seasonal plates that are dappled with global touches inspired by his world travels. Expect fresh plates like Octopus Terrines with Piquillo Pepper Mojo and Leek Ash; Florida Snapper Crudo with Chamoy, Mango, Cucumbers, Watermelon, and Local Radishes; and Frog Song Organics Berkshire Porchetta with Seminole Pumpkin Gnudi, Pink-Eyed Peas, and Sweet Potato Greens.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Hush Puppies with Foie Gras Mousse
- Beef Tongue Pastrami on Drop Biscuits
- Falafel with Aerated Yogurt
- Hamachi Crudo with Chamoy, Mango, Cucumbers, Watermelon, and Local Radishes
- Warm Trout Terrine with Charred Onion–Brioche Soup and Sunchokes
- Spanish Octopus with Florida Rock Shrimp, Piquillo Pepper Sauce Vierge, and Summer Corn–Basil Choclo
- Zucchini Bread–Stuffed Guinea Hen Ballotine with Peach Mostarda and Grilled Plums
- Dry Aged Rib-Eye with Seminole Pumpkin Gnudi, Caramelized Black Olive Purée, Beef Cheek Carpaccio, and Sweet Potato Greens
- Baba au Mezcal with Smoked Citrus
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.