On the Menu: Quail Egg Shakshuka + Sweet Corn GritsMaggie Borden
July 29, 2016
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at JBF.
Friday, July 29 and Saturday, July 30
Friends of James Beard Benefit / Plympton, MA, 6:00 P.M.
Host Chefs Kimberly Russo, Elaine Murphy, and Marilyn Browne / Vice President Culinary of Hilton Worldwide Americas Marc Ehrler MCF-ACF, Hilton Worldwide, McLean, VA
On July 29 and 30, Just Right Farm is playing host to a Friends of James Beard Benefit highlighting the best of the Massachusetts summer harvest and featuring wines from Travessia Winery. Expect seasonal plates like Labneh with Green Herbs, Charred Sugarsnax Carrots, Kohlrabi Chips, and Spiced Lavash; Scituate Scallop Crudo with Pickled Peaches, Chiles, and Mint; and Seared Northeast Family Farm Pork Rib Chop with Sweet Corn–Chèvre Grits and Kentucky Hot Slaw.
See the full menu below.
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Smoked Island Creek Oysters with ‘Nduja Sausage
- Col. Bill Newsome’s Aged Kentucky Prosciutto with Sweet Pea Tomatoes and Cipollini Jam on Four Star Farm Wheat Ciabatta
- Labneh with Green Herbs, Charred Sugarsnax Carrots, Kohlrabi Chips, and Spiced Lavash
- Smoked North East Family Farm Organic Chicken Liver Pâté with Pickled Fennel on Toast
- Scituate Scallop Crudo with Pickled Peaches, Chiles, and Mint
- Dirty Water Distillery and Bully Boy Distillery Cocktails
- Orchard Old Fashioneds with Farm-Made Bitters
- Blackberry Collins with Farm-Made Blackberry–Burnt Sage Shrub
- Quail Egg Shakshuka with Charred Shishito Peppers and Micro-Chard
- Duxbury Lobster with Prosecco Beurre Blanc and Linguine
- Chilled Red Merlin Beet Soup with Golden Beet Tartare, Two Friends Farm Buckwheat Greens, and Crème Fraîche
- Just Right Farm Tomatoes with Rosemary Carta di Musica and Tarragon Oil
- North East Family Farms Pork, Beef, and Veal Meatballs with Chimichurri, Roasted Yellow Pear Tomatoes, and Five-Tomato Consommé
- Bread Service with Garlic–Onion Jam Butter and Pickled Carrots, Fennel, Beets, and Mexican Gherkins
- Intermezzo > Cucumber–Mint Sorbet
- Assorted Just Right Farm Vegetables > Roasted Orion Fennel, Melted Italian Flat Beans, Orient Express Eggplant, and Kentucky Country Ham–Stuffed Onion with Tomato Jam
- Seared Northeast Family Farm Pork Rib Chop with Sweet Corn–Chèvre Grits and Kentucky Hot Slaw
- Blueberry Tart with Toasted Coconut Ice Cream and Chocolate Ganache Tart with Espresso Salt
- New Harvest Roasters French Press Coffee Service with Cookies
- A selection of wines from Travessia Winery, Penada Winery, and West Port River Winery will be served with this dinner.
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.