Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
New England Soft-shell Crab Blowout, 7:00 P.M.
Irene Li, Mei Mei, Boston / Cassie Piuma, Sarma, Somerville, MA / Steve "Nookie" Postal, Commonwealth, Cambridge, MA / Michael Serpa, Select Oyster Bar, Boston / Andrew Taylor, Eventide Oyster Co., Portland, ME / Pastry Chef Rachel Sundet, State Park, Cambridge, MA
Get ’em while you can: it’s softshell crab season, which means it’s time for our annual homage to the crave-worthy crustacean. We’ve invited some of New England’s top toques to celebrate the occasion with bold flavors and lots of the coveted, succulent shellfish. Dig into plates like Faroe Islands Salmon Tartare with Cucumbers, Pistachio Oil, Togarashi, and Lime; Salt-and-Pepper Softshell Crab with Cilantro Pesto, Peanuts, and Hot-and-Fragrant Celery Salad; and Maine Corn–Softshell Crab Tamale with Softshell Crab Mole, Radish Salad, Braised Radish Greens, and Sunflower Seeds.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Tomato Böreks with Eggplant, Cheese, and Basil Tarator
- Faroe Islands Salmon Tartare with Cucumbers, Pistachio Oil, Togarashi, and Lime
- Chicken Sausage Gougère Sliders with Peach Mustard and Pea Greens
- Cured Pork Nem Chua with Jalapeño Crema and Black Garlic Chicharrones
- Brown Butter Lobster Rolls
- Green Gazpacho with Chilled Crab and Marcona Almonds
- Softshell Crab Katayif with Avgolemono, Corn, Cabbage Dolmades, and Dill
- Crispy Softshell Crab with Corn Many Ways and Pickled Watermelon Rind
- Salt-and-Pepper Softshell Crab with Cilantro Pesto, Peanuts, and Hot-and-Fragrant Celery Salad
- Maine Corn–Softshell Crab Tamale with Softshell Crab Mole, Radish Salad, Braised Radish Greens, and Sunflower Seeds
- Sweet Corn Cheesecake with Rye Cookie Crumble, Blueberry–Lemon Ice, and Herbs
- Take-Away Treats > Assorted Rugelach
A selection of fine wines will be served with this dinner.
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.