On the Menu: Aquavit's Quail Confit on Toasted SourdoughMaggie Borden
June 29, 2016
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Michelin Two-Star, 7:00 P.M.
Emma Bengtsson, Aquavit, NYC
Aquavit has long been an incubator of talent, from JBF Award winner Marcus Samuelsson to all the talented chefs who followed. All eyes are now on current chef Emma Bengtsson, who has earned the restaurant a slew of accolades, including a second Michelin star, for her sophisticated Swedish dishes. Tonight Bengtsson showcases her deft skills with plates like Quail Confit on Toasted Sourdough; Cold-Smoked Lobster with Wheatgrass, Elderflower, and Ginger; and Cured Rainbow Char with Ramps, Rhubarb, and Strawberries.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Potatoes with Löjrom
- Quail Confit on Toasted Sourdough
- Gravlax with Coffee
- Sugar Snap Peas with Bacon
- Fermented Radishes
- Sparkling Aquavit Cocktails
- Matjes Herring with Smoked Eel, Sour Cream, and Brown Butter
- Anise, Caraway, and Fennel Aquavit Cocktail
- Cold-Smoked Lobster with Wheatgrass, Elderflower, and Ginger
- Blümel Kirchberg Grauburgunder 2014
- Cured Rainbow Char with Ramps, Rhubarb, and Strawberries
- Domaine des Diables Bonbon Rosé 2014
- Long Island Duck Breast with Tomatoes, Buckwheat, and Quail Eggs
- Mitolo 7th Son Grenache Shiraz 2013
- Blueberries with Goat’s Milk, Yogurt, Meringue, and Macadamia Nuts
- Disznókö Late Harvest Tokaji 2012
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.