Sponsored Post: Announcing the 2016 Blended Burger Project™JBF Editors
March 29, 2016
There’s ‘shroom for improvement in your favorite burger.
This summer, chefs nationwide will be re-imagining the classic American burger when they take part in our Blended Burger Project™, a competition challenging chefs to blend mushrooms with meat to create a more delicious, nutritious and sustainable burger.
Starting Memorial Day weekend, expect to see blended burgers on menus from the following chefs:
- Hugh Acheson (5&10, The National, The Florence and Empire State South, all in Georgia)
- Jenn Louis (Lincoln and Sunshine Tavern, Portland, OR)
- Jehangir Mehta (Graffiti, Me and You and Mehtaphor, NYC)
- Mike Rakun (Marin, Minneapolis)
- Maria Hines (Tilth, Seattle)
- Alex Seidel (Fruition, Denver)
- Tim Byres (SMOKE, Dallas)
- Bernie Kantak (The Gladly, Phoenix)
- Mike Jenkins (Garces Trading Company, Philadelphia)
…and many more to come. The Blended Burger Project™ is open to chefs nationwide. Starting March 29, chefs can sign up at jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject.
Diners across America can cast a vote for their favorite blended burger based on a set of judging criteria by visiting jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject. In October, the five chefs with the most votes will win an opportunity to prepare their blended burger at the historic James Beard House as part of the official welcome reception for the annual James Beard Foundation Food Conference.
The Blended Burger Project™ will take place Memorial Day through July 31, 2016. Learn more jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject.
The James Beard Foundation's Blended Burger Project™ is administered in partnership with the Mushroom Council.