We want your recipes! Sure, we love it when chefs like Jonathan Benno, Martin Brock, and Alexandra Guarnachelli give us recipes for some of their great dishes, but we love it even more when we hear from our members and friends about what they like to cook at home. We’re launching our first ever recipe contest and we want to hear from you. What’s the best way to get recipes from you guys? Twitter of course! Tweet your recipe in 140 characters or less AND be sure to include the hashtag #jbfrecipe by August 14 for a chance to have your recipe tasted and judged by an incredible panel of experts. Drinks, salads, roasts, desserts—you name it; we want it. We’ve only got two guidelines: the finished product should taste delicious and we want to see your Twitter creativity. Wow us with flavors and your novel use of symbols and abbreviation. Over the next two weeks we’ll be diligently monitoring the Twittersphere for the best recipes and along the way we’ll be updating our readers with tidbits about who our judges will be, which recipes didn’t make the cut, and our fabulous prize. What is the prize, you ask? It’s 2 tickets to the exclusive Jack Daniel’s Birthday Party at the Beard House on September 9, featuring Hill Country barbecue, Jack Daniel’s cocktails prepared by celebrity mixologist David Wondrich, and a one-of-a-kind cake prepared by none other than Duff Goldman of Ace of Cakes fame. Here’s how it works:
- Tweet your recipe in 140 characters or less AND be sure to include the hashtag #jbfrecipe by August 14, 2009.
- We’ll pick the top 15 entries and put them to a vote right here on Delights & Prejudices—the 5 most popular recipes will move on to the final round.
- On August 21, 2009 we’ll host a panel of esteemed chefs, cookbook authors, and journalists at the Beard House for a tasting of the top 5 recipes.
- These judges will choose one winner, which we will announce here on August 24, 2009.
- Along with 2 tickets to the Jack Daniel’s Birthday Party, the winner will also have their recipe posted in the James Beard Foundation’s recipe section, alongside recipes from such greats as Eric Ripert, Michelle Bernstein, and James Beard himself.