COVID-19 Safety Policy
Maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our guests, chefs, staff, and restaurant/venue teams to experience our events is a top priority. The James Beard Foundation will adhere to city, state, and/or federal regulations along with the policies of our host venues/restaurants, which may include but is not limited to wearing masks when not actively eating/drinking, maintaining three feet of distance away from other guests and/or staff, and/or providing proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result. Attendees will be alerted of the final policy for an event in an email prior to the event date. Thank you for your continued understanding and compliance with these measures for your safety and the safety of those around you. We also ask that all guests review and comply with the safety pledge outlined below.
- Within 14 days of attending on Monday, September 27, you or anyone in your party has tested positive for COVID-19 or has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Within 14 days of attending on Monday, September 27, you or anyone in your party has traveled to an international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19. Click here to view more on COVID-19 travel guidance for U.S. citizens
- Within 48 hours prior to attending on Monday, September 27, you or anyone in your party has experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking, muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). Click here to view more on COVID-19 symptoms.
At the 2021 James Beard Awards Celebration events:
- All sponsor and chef station staff are required to wear a mask at all times
- If you are unvaccinated or at high risk for severe COVID-19, avoid crowded areas and stay at least six feet away from other groups, when possible
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- Do not attend if you have symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking, muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, even if you have been vaccinated
- Do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
COVID-19 DISCLAIMER: COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place regardless of precautions that may be taken. By purchasing and using tickets, you, on your behalf and on behalf of any accompanying parties, agree to (1) assume all risks associated with COVID-19 and other communicable diseases, (2) comply with all related health and safety policies of the James Beard Foundation and any participating venues/restaurants, as well as all applicable federal, state, and local government laws and recommendations, and (3) expressly release the James Beard Foundation and each of its respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, trustees, officers, directors, partners, employees, and agents from any and all claims arising from or relating to COVID-19.