The Culinary Labs offer culinary professionals experiential learning opportunities, such as sustainable seafood sourcing and whole animal butchery, to increase their understanding of food-systems issues, sustainable solutions, and practical application.
Want to see a Culinary Lab in action? Check out this Facebook Live video of our event at Bluestem in Kansas City, facilitated by the butchers at Fleisher’s.
Hungry for more information? Read up on some recent JBF Impact coverage:
- Butcher/expert Bryan Mayer on How to Choose Better Meat
- Chef and activist Barton Seaver on Why We Should Fight For Fish on the Dinner Plate and Why You Should Give Farmed Fish a New Look
- JBF staff on 4 Sustainable Seafood Terms You Need to Know, How to Read the Labels on Your Sustainable Seafood, and What We Learned from our Culinary Lab at Fleisher's
Upcoming Culinary Labs
- November 2, 2018: Food Waste Culinary Lab for culinary educators at Brightwater, Bentonville, AR
Past Culinary Labs
- Seafood Distribution at ProFish, Washington D.C., June 2018
- Hog Butchery at Hidden Villa, Los Altos Hills, CA, March 2018
- Beef Butchery at Superior Meats, Inc., Louisville, September 2017
- Beef Butchery with Fleisher's at Bluestem, Kansas City, September 2016
- “Trash Fish” with Chefs Collaborative at Nicks on Broadway, Providence, RI, August 2015
- Grass Fed Beef Butchery Demo and Facility Tour, Fleishers, Brooklyn, February 2015
To learn more about the JBF Impact Programs and our commitment to establishing a more sustainable food system, sign up for the JBF Impact newsletter.