How to support JBF's Women's Initiatives right now
With a number of our upcoming Women's Initiative benefit events postponed, we are highlighting a few additional ways to support our efforts:
- Until March 15, Crave dining app is highlighting all partnering women-helmed restaurants with a purple icon. Collected proceeds made from bookings at the featured restaurants will be donated to support JBF's Women’s Initiatives.
- During the month of March, visit Maneet Chauhan's Nashville restaurants, which are featuring signature canapés.
Invest in women in the culinary industry!
Did you know that:
- Women founders get only 2% of venture capital dollars
- Women chefs earn 28% less base pay than their male counterparts
- Only 33% of restaurant businesses are majority owned by women
- Women represent only 19% of chefs and head cooks
The James Beard Foundation is committed to addressing these systemic issues. We support the advancement of women in the hospitality industry though our women’s initiatives.
Throughout the month of March, you can show your support for the #jbfwomenlead community by attending one of the restaurants below:
Check back soon to learn more about our restaurant partners.
Save the date! Upcoming Women's Initiative benefit events:
Check back soon to learn about other events.
One hundred percent of the funds raised will go directly to the expansion of the James Beard Foundation’s women’s training programs.
If you'd like to host an event, contact Julie Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org.