Invest in women in the culinary industry!
Did you know that:
- Women founders get only 2% of venture capital dollars
- Women chefs earn 28% less base pay than their male counterparts
- Only 33% of restaurant businesses are majority owned by women
- Women represent only 19% of chefs and head cooks
The James Beard Foundation is committed to addressing these systemic issues. We support the advancement of women in the hospitality industry though our women’s initiatives.
Throughout the month of March, you can show your support for the #jbfwomenlead community by attending one of the restaurants below:
Check back soon to learn more about our restaurant partners.
Save the date! Upcoming Women's Initiative benefit events:
- Sunday Supper at Chelsea Market (March 8, 2020)
- Minneapolis (March 14, 2020)
- Nashville (March 18, 2020)
Check back soon to learn about other events.
One hundred percent of the funds raised will go directly to the expansion of the James Beard Foundation’s women’s training programs.
If you'd like to host an event, contact Julie Marshall at email@example.com.