Chilled Heirloom Tomato Soup
Guests couldn’t get enough of Pierre Schaedelin’s simple, gazpacho-style soup at Chefs & Champagne. The Benoit chef prepared it with heirloom tomatoes, but noted that the plum variety can be substituted.
4 to 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 12 ounces canned plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Add enough water to just cover the ingredients and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, purée all the ingredients in a blender. Chill before serving.