Gemelli with Heirloom Tomatoes and Basil
Marea - NYC
This picnic-friendly pasta recipe was created by Michael White, chef of Marea, the 2010 JBF Award Winner for Best New Restaurant, in conjunction with Mercedes-Benz.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, finely chopped
- 1 pound gemelli, cooked al dente, rinsed to prevent sticking
- 6 ounces pecorino, shaved
- 3 mixed heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small bunch of basil, leaves torn
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To make the vinaigrette, add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. If necessary, add more vinegar to adjust the acidity.
To make the salad, put all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss together with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.