The Inn at Little Washington - Washington, VA
This fancy popcorn from Outstanding Chef winner Patrick O'Connell is so delicious you'll want to make enough to last beyond the end credits. O'Connell's secret is adding a pinch of sugar to bring out the rich truffle flavor.
6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons good quality truffle oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 small fresh white or black truffle (optional)
Place the popcorn in a large bowl; add the butter and truffle oil and toss to coat. Add the cheese, parsley, and sugar and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Grate truffle over popcorn just before serving, if desired.