10 Dishes You Need to Eat In SeptemberElena North-Kelly
August 15, 2017
Want to know what’s cooking in American restaurants right now? Just take a peek into the James Beard House kitchen, where dozens of chefs from all over the country come to cook each month. From Martin’s Potato Toasts with Lobster Knuckles, Caviar, and Whipped Scallion Butter (pictured above) to Frogs’ Legs Fritti with Garlic Flavors to Dr. Pepper Spice Cake with Mexican Chocolate Ganache and Vanilla Whipped Cream, here are 10 mouthwatering dishes you'll want to chow down on during the month of September:
- Asparagus Salad with Peach, Cucumbers, Heirloom Tomatoes, Pickled Vegetables, and Quinoa Chips on September 6
- Crispy Lavash with Basil Hummus and Chive Yogurt on September 8
- In-Shell Martha’s Vineyard Scallops with Matsutake Mushroom Chips and Gewürztraminer Grapes on September 13
- Martin’s Potato Toasts with Lobster Knuckles, Caviar, and Whipped Scallion Butter (pictured above) on September 15
- Dr. Pepper Spice Cake with Mexican Chocolate Ganache and Vanilla Whipped Cream on September 16
- Fried Pig’s Head with Sicilian Aïoli, Giardiniera, and Pickled Fresh Relish on September 19
- Squid Ink–Lobster Cannelloni with Ricotta and Spicy Lobster Sauce on September 23
- Stracciatella with Meyer Lemon and Fennel on September 25
- Frogs’ Legs Fritti with Garlic Flavors on September 26
- Crispy Suckling Pig with Sweet Corn–Chanterelle Pudding and Chanterelle Conserva on September 27
To view all upcoming Beard House dinners and book your seat, check out our events calendar.
Elena North-Kelly is managing editor at the James Beard Foundation. Find her on Twitter and Instagram.