Apply for a 2022 JBF Scholarship
The scholarship period is open until April 1Morgan Carter
February 15, 2022
Established in 1991, the James Beard Foundation Scholarship Program assists students from across the food community including aspiring and established culinary professionals who plan to further their education at a licensed or accredited culinary school or hospitality institution, college, or university. As of 2022, the Foundation will have awarded nearly $9 million in financial aid to over 2000 recipients.
Applications for the 2022-2023 James Beard Foundation Scholarships are open, from February 15 to April 1, 2022. This year we're accepting applications for several scholarships, tuition waivers, and grant opportunities. Below is a selection of scholarships the James Beard Foundation will be offering:
- Debbie Lewis Women in Wine: The Debbie Lewis Women in Wine Scholarship honors the life of Debbie Lewis. Debbie had a lifelong passion for mastering the business of wine and set an inspiring example of dedication and hard work to all those around her. Up to one (1) scholarship of $5,000 will be granted.
- The JBF Mondelēz International Scholarship Fund for Equity in Leadership: This newly established scholarship from Mondelēz International hopes to elevate and encourage underrepresented groups in the foodservice industry and support students in their culinary careers. The scholarship is open to women-identifying and BIPOC individuals who are planning to enroll or are currently enrolled. Up to three (3) scholarships of $10,000 will be granted.
- The JBF Caviar Chefs of Tomorrow Scholarship Fund: The Caviar Chefs of Tomorrow Scholarship Fund aims to support BIPOC individuals who reside in the United States that are planning to pursue culinary or pastry training at an accredited institution. Up to two (2) scholarships of $20,000 will be granted.
- Andrew Zimmern Second Chance Scholarship: This scholarship will offer a student faced with extreme challenges a second chance to overcome these hardships and follow a culinary path. Up to one (1) scholarship of $10,000 will be granted.
- JBF National Scholars Scholarship: JBF's National Scholars Program, which launched in 2016, provides ten (10) high-impact scholarships of $20,000 each to food-focused candidates of exceptional talent. Candidates for the National Scholarships are selected according to academic merit, as well as personal and professional recommendations. To ensure regional diversity of this national program, one awardee will be selected from each of the ten geographic regions defined by the James Beard Foundation Awards. The program awards $20,000 scholarships to ten (10) candidates from across the U.S., who demonstrate the potential for leadership roles in culinary arts, food studies, agriculture, hospitality management, and related fields.
- Peter Kump Memorial Scholarship: Peter Kump was an educator and entrepreneur who founded Peter Kump’s New York Cooking School and the James Beard Foundation. Up to two (2) scholarships of $10,000 will be granted.
View the full list of scholarships here. To learn more about the program and application process, visit jamesbeard.org/scholarships. All scholarship application materials must be submitted by April 1, 2021. Scholarship winners will be notified the first week of June.