The 2021 James Beard Foundation scholarship application is now live! This year, we’re thrilled to offer both new and existing scholarships, including our National Scholars Award.
The James Beard Foundation offers three types of scholarships:
- Scholarships: cash grants applied to tuition (and sometimes other school-related expenses)
- Tuition Waivers: tuition waivers granted by educational institutions, which are renewable in some cases
- Work/Study Grants: grants for working culinary professionals that cover expenses from programs offering experiential learning at farms, fisheries, wineries, and other venues of food production
New and returning scholarships for 2021 include:
- The Debbie Lewis Women in Wine Scholarship: the Debbie Lewis Women in Wine Scholarship honors the life of Debbie Lewis. Debbie had a lifelong passion for mastering the business of wine and set an inspiring example of dedication and hard work to all those around her. This will be awarded to an exceptional woman pursuing wine studies at an accredited university.
- The James Beard Foundation National Scholars Award: there are 12 national scholar awards given out to each of JBF’s designated awards regions. In addition to students pursuing culinary education, those pursuing education around areas of food systems will be eligible as well.
- Jean Louis Palladin Professional Work/Study Program Grant: the Jean Louis Palladin grant will be awarded to two students who are planning to enroll in a work/study program or other experiential education. For more information on the Jean Louis Palladin grant, head here.
Applications close on April 1, 2021. For the full list of available scholarships and criteria, head here. Please note that if a scholarship does not explicitly require United States residency, it is open to international students.
If you have any questions, check out our FAQ page or send us an email at email@example.com.