JBF Announces 2014 Scholarships and Grants
JBF EditorsJBF Editors
March 25, 2014
Beginning on Tuesday, April 1, aspiring students and chefs alike will be able to apply for 2014 James Beard Foundation scholarships or grants. We'll post a full list of available scholarships, application materials, and details about eligibility to our scholarships page on that day. Here's a snapshot of what we'll be offering:
- Spencer’s Restaurant at the Mountain: the four-star American restaurant in Palm Springs, California, is offering an unrestricted scholarship to a deserving student selected by the JBF Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Andrew Zimmern’s “Second Chances” Scholarship: sponsored by Eyebobs, will offer a student faced with extreme challenges, a “second chance,” to overcome these hardships.
- Green Door Gourmet Scholarship: sponsored by Sylvia Harrelson Ganier, will reward a student with an interest in sustainable farming and learning creative cooking using fresh, nutritious foods.
- Miljenko “Mike” Grgich’s American Dream Scholarship: sponsored by Grgich Hills Estate; offers a professional wine studies program.
- Union Center National Bank Scholarship: will be presented to an individual from the state of New Jersey who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and aspiration for excellence.
Be sure to check back on April 1 for complete scholarship information and applications. In the meantime, read more about JBF's upcoming 2014 scholarships and grants.