On the Menu: Butter-Poached Florida Spiny LobsterMaggie Borden
August 08, 2016
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Palm Beach Panache, 7:00 P.M.
Manlee Siu, Angle at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, Manalapan, FL
With a résumé touting stints at San Francisco’s Gary Danko, Meritage, and most recently, New Jersey fine-dining mecca Agricola, chef Manlee Siu has made her mark through seasonally driven cuisine defined by the farms and producers around her. Now chef de cuisine at the elegant Angle restaurant at the Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond–awarded Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, Siu will treat Beard House diners to a decadent Floridian feast showcasing the bounty of some of her favorite local farmers. Expect seasonal plates like Loxahatchee Alligator Dumplings with Housemade Kimchi; Butter-Poached Conch with Black Persimmons, Avocado, and Florida Rice; and Seely’s Ark Rabbit with Tarragon Bread Pudding, Mushroom Ragoût, and Baby Carrots.
See the full menu below.
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Key West Pink Shrimp Cocktails with Lemon Caviar and Beet–Horseradish Sauce
- Pickled Daikon Noodles with Local Mango
- Loxahatchee Alligator Dumplings with Housemade Kimchi
- Butter-Poached Conch with Black Persimmons, Avocado, and Florida Rice
- Orange Crème Fraîche Panna Cotta with Zill’s Mangos Compressed Avocado, Pickled Pineapple, Tomatillos, and Preserved Lime Purée
- Calder Wine Company Dry Riesling 2014
- Butter-Poached Florida Spiny Lobster with Lake Meadow Naturals Soft-Poached Egg and Angle Caviar
- Tres Sabores Sauvignon Blanc 2014
- Seely’s Ark Rabbit with Tarragon Bread Pudding, Mushroom Ragoût, and Baby Carrots
- Tres Sabores Zinfandel 2013
- Braised Beef Short Rib with Unvan Farm Yuca–Seminole Pumpkin Torte
- Tres Sabores Petite Sirah 2012
- Choc-“EAU”-Late > Castronovo Milk Chocolate Marquise with Flourless Chocolate Dome and Truly Tropical Farm’s Coconut–Banana Custard
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.