Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Best of D.C., 7:00 P.M.
Presented by the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington and Events DC
Amy Brandwein, Centrolina, Washington, D.C. / Erik Bruner-Yang, Maketto, Washington, D.C. / Jon Krinn, Clarity, Vienna, VA / Jason Maddens, Clarity Vienna, VA / Cedric Maupillier, Convivial, Washington, D.C. / Nicholas Stefanelli, Masseria, Washington, D.C. / Alex Levin, Osteria Morini, Washington, D.C.
Sample rising culinary talent when a group of tastemakers honored by the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington decamps to the Beard House. The crew, all 2016 nominees of the annual RAMMY Awards, have lined up a seasonal menu that will leave you itching to book a visit to our nation’s capital, with plates like Latkes with Celery Root and Dried-and-Cured Lamb; Squid Ink Tagliolini with Tuna Crudo and Nonnata di Pesce; and Whipped Ricotta Cheesecake with Passion Fruit Curd, Compressed Peaches, Almond Crunch, and White Peach Sorbet.
See the full menu below.
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Latkes with Celery Root and Dried-and-Cured Lamb
- Charred-and-Glazed Spanish Octopus Yakitori
- Crushed Heirloom Tomato, Beet, and Campari Granita
- Spicy Laab Shumai
- Foienoli > Cannoli Stuffed with Foie Gras Mousse, Sicilian Pistachios, and Black Truffle
- Veal Tartare with Poutargue, Cancoillotte Cheese, Oyster Leaves, Argan Oil, Preserved Lemon, and Warm Niçoise Olive Fougasse
- Squid Ink Tagliolini with Tuna Crudo and Nonnata di Pesce
- Roasted Bone-In Turbot with Zucchini, Almonds, Cured Lemon Cream, and Brown Butter
- Fermented Pork Sausage with Nam Prik Num, Fish Sauce Caramel, and Herb Salad
- Roasted Lamb Sweetbread with Fennel Soubise, Pickled Stone Fruit, and Smoked Lamb Belly Jus
- Whipped Ricotta Cheesecake with Passion Fruit Curd, Compressed Peaches, Almond Crunch, and White Peach Sorbet
- Chocolates and Petits Fours
- A selection of fine wines will be served with this dinner.
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.