On the Menu: JBF Award Winner Jonathon Sawyer's Strip SteakMaggie Borden
August 04, 2016
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Trend-Setting Italian, 7:00 P.M.
JBF Award Winner Jonathon Sawyer, Trentina, Cleveland
Peruse any list of top Midwestern eateries and you’re sure to encounter Team Sawyer, the perennially popular restaurant group that earned Jonathon Sawyer the 2015 Beard Award for Best Chef: Great Lakes. Tonight Sawyer will highlight his newest venture, Trentina, which reimagines Northern Italian fare through the lens of local agriculture, with dishes such as Ohio Game Carne Salada à la Trentina with Preserved Shell Beans; Duck Neck Zampone with Sun-Dried Turnips; and Strangolapreti Dumplings with Fennel, Raisin, Saffron, and Garum Apicius Sauce; Brewer’s Sugar Syrup; and Sauerkraut.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Puffed Rice Ciccoli with Caviar, Burrata, and Horseradish–Bone Marrow Salsa Verde
- Pine Syrup–Glazed Root Vegetables
- Ohio Game Carne Salada à la Trentina with Preserved Shell Beans
- Charred Broccoli with Apple–Anchovy Gremolata
- Duck Neck Zampone with Sun-Dried Turnips
- Il Faggeto Vino Frizzante Prosecco NV
- Steelhead Trout Crudo with Chef’s Double Barrel–Aged Chardonnay Vinegar, Summer Parsnips, and Wild Fennel
- Kellerei Cantina Terlan Chardonnay 2015
- Strangolapreti Dumplings with Fennel, Raisin, Saffron, and Garum Apicius Sauce; Brewer’s Sugar Syrup; and Sauerkraut
- Kellerei Cantina Terlan Winkl Sauvignon Blanc 2015
- Hay-Roasted Fish Tails with Young Potatoes, Sumac, and Olive Oil Zabaglione
- Kellerei Cantina Terlan Gewürztraminer 2015
- Wood-Fired Aged Beef Strip Steak with Beef Tendon, Potato Torta, and Greens
- Kellerei Cantina Terlan Lagrein Gries Riserva 2013
- Summer Fruit Minestra with Sweet Cream
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.