On the Menu: Quail–Andouille Gumbo and Red Bean–Rice BallsMaggie Borden
July 21, 2016
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Louisiana Tailgate, 7:00 P.M.
Jay Ducote, Baton Rouge, LA
Long before he appeared on Next Food Network Star, Jay Ducote was wowing judges at tailgating competitions in his native Louisiana. Now Ducote is bringing his prizewinning Bayou-based know-how to the Beard House for a tailgate-inspired celebration of cuisine and culture that’s not to be missed. Expect mouthwatering bites like Jalapeño and Creole Cream Cheese–Stuffed and Bacon-Wrapped Duck Breast; Quail–Andouille Gumbo with Louisiana Rice; and Granny’s Cinnamon–Pecan Rolls.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Red Bean–Rice Balls with Pickled Red Onions and Jay D’s Louisiana Barbecue Aïoli
- Jalapeño and Creole Cream Cheese–Stuffed and Bacon-Wrapped Duck Breast
- Jay D’s Molasses–Mustard Deviled Eggs with Pickled Shrimp, Serrano Chiles, and Micro-Mustard Greens
- Iverstine Family Farms Pork Belly with Blackberry–Bourbon Jam on Sweet Potato Chips
- Donner-Peltier Distillers Oryza Gin GINger Ale Cocktails
- Donner-Peltier Distillers LA1 Louisiana Whiskey Wakey Whiskey Cocktails
- Great Raft Brewing Commotion Pale Ale
- Urban South Brewery Charming Wit White Ale
- Quail–Andouille Gumbo with Louisiana Rice
- Vending Machine Winery Horror Show 2014
- Crawfish Etoufée–Smothered Fried Catfish with Stone-Ground Grits
- Vending Machine Winery Loula’s Revenge 2013
- Blackened Red Snapper with Cajun Tasso–Corn Maque Choux and Jalapeño Relish
- Landry Vineyards Jay D’s Blanc Du Bois 2015
- Venison Backstrap Medallions with Chimichurri and Stewed Okra
- Vending Machine Winery Double Shotgun 2014
- Granny’s Cinnamon–Pecan Rolls
- Donner-Peltier Distillers Rougaroux Praline Rum Cocktail
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.