Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at JBF.
Celebrity Chef Tour / Pittsburgh, 6:30 P.M.
Host Chef Justin Severino, Cure Restaurant, Pittsburgh / Scott Drewno, The Source by Wolfgang Puck, Washington, D.C. / Tarver King, Patowmack Farm, Lovettsville, VA / George Sabatino, Aldine Restaurant, Philadelphia / JBF Award Winner Michael Solomonov, Zahav, Philadelphia / Greg Vernick, Vernick Food & Drink, Philadelphia
Celebrity Chef Tour, our national dinner series, is stopping in Steel City for a night of tempting bites from Pennsylvania powerhouses like Greg Vernick, Justin Severino, and JBF Award winner Michael Solomonov.
Hamilton! Jefferson! Hemings!, 7:00 P.M.
Ashbell McElveen, James Hemings Foundation, Philadelphia / Tonya Hopkins, James Hemings Foundation, NYC / JBF Award Winner John Besh, Besh Restaurant Group, New Orleans / Tiffany Derry, Tiffany Derry Concepts, Dallas / Darryl Harmon, Harmon Live, NYC / Therese Nelson, Black Culinary History, NYC / Dana Herbert, Desserts by Dana, Newark, DE / JBF Award Winner Jim Lahey, Sullivan Street Bakery, NYC / Heather Johnston, Good Wine, Brooklyn, NY / Karl Franz Williams, Solomon & Kuff, NYC
As Broadway buffs know, a historic meeting between three founding fathers took place at Thomas Jefferson’s home in 1790, where a lavish meal prepared by James Hemings, Jefferson’s French-trained chef, eased negotiations. Tonight the Beard House plays host to a taste of history, as this talented team crafts a menu inspired by the famous Reconciliation Dinner, which helped set the table for America’s future. Expect decadent dishes like Applewood-Smoked Foie Gras with 100-Year-Old Anniversary Grand Marnier Crème and Benne Seed Wafer; Stuffed Capon Breast with Truffle–Herb Cheese, Chestnut Pudding, and Pecan-Smoked Bacon–Tomato Jam; and Boneless Beef Short Ribs with Au Jus, Chanterelle Mushrooms, and Roasted Bone Marrow.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Applewood-Smoked Foie Gras with 100-Year-Old Anniversary Grand Marnier Crème and Benne Seed Wafer
- Colonial-Style Cured Duck Breast with Roasted Apple Salad and Orange–Herb Vinaigrette
- Gulf Coast Blue Crab Beignets with Ravigote Sauce
- Royal Red Shrimp with Pickled Melon and Rémoulade
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Stuffed Capon Breast with Truffle–Herb Cheese, Chestnut Pudding, and Pecan-Smoked Bacon–Tomato Jam
- Boeuf à la Mode > Boneless Beef Short Ribs with Au Jus, Chanterelle Mushrooms, and Roasted Bone Marrow
- Summer Vegetable Terrine with Baby Herb Salad and Tarragon Vinaigrette
- Warm Apple Pastry with Corn Ice Cream, Spicy Pecans, Bacon Meringues, Rhubarb, and Caramel
- A selection of fine wines paired by Heather Johnston will be served with this dinner.
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.