Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at JBF.
Found at markets and restaurants across New York City, Hot Bread Kitchen is not only the purveyor of delicious international delicacies, it’s also a bakery employing and empowering immigrant women to turn their local traditions into lucrative business. Now, founder and CEO Jessamyn Waldman Rodriguez has given home cooks a gift by sharing the recipes and stories behind the shop’s addictive loaves. More than simply a guide to bread baking, the Hot Bread Kitchen Cookbook features recipes for savory and sweet accompaniments from the kitchen’s employees, giving voice to women so often kept behind the scenes, and sharing insights for home bakers into the myriad ways we break bread across the globe.
Lambs and Clams, 7:00 P.M.
Lamb Shepherd Craig Rogers, Border Springs Farm, Patrick Springs, VA / Oysterman Travis Croxton, Brine, Fairfax, VA, Merroir and Rappahannock River Oysters, Topping, VA; Rappahannock, Richmond, VA; Rappahannock Oyster Bar, Washington, D.C.; and Rocksalt, Charlotte, NC, and Charlottesville, VA / Brandon Carter, FARM, Bluffton, SC / John Critchley, Brine, Fairfax, VA; Rocksalt, Charlotte, NC; and Charlottesville, VA / Baker Lionel Vatinet, La Farm Bakery, Cary, NC
Craig Rogers and Travis Croxton are famous for their spirited shindigs where chefs and artisans gather for lamb, shellfish, libations, and a raucous good time. In their much-anticipated Beard House return, the dynamic duo will reenact their storied feast, inviting top culinary comrades including master baker Lionel Vatinet. Expect succulent and briny bites like Lambs and Clams Casino; Smoked Crab–Duck Egg Custard with Lamb Heart Pastrami and Olde Salt Clams; and Crispy Lamb's Neck with Tomato Conserve, Grilled Chanterelles, Spring Beans, Preserved Lemon, and Rosemary.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Lambs and Clams Casino
- Oyster Stew with Fennel Pollen, Fried New Potatoes, and Buttermilk
- Lamb Tartare with Larb Spice, Sweet Peas, and Cracklings
- Smoked Lamb Ribs with Sourwood Honey and Vinegar Sauce
- Foggy Ridge Cider Serious Cider
- The Williamsburg Winery Acte 12 of 1619 Chardonnay 2014
- The Williamsburg Winery Wessex Hundred Petit Verdot 2014
- Boxwood Estate Topiary 2013
- Amuse Buche > Oyster with Caviar and Rhubarb Mignonette
- Boxwood Estate Rosé 2015
- Smoked Crab–Duck Egg Custard with Lamb Heart Pastrami and Olde Salt Clams
- The Williamsburg Winery Wessex Hundred Viognier 2015
- Coal-Grilled Georgia White Shrimp with Merguez, Creamed Corn, and Basil–Ginger Emulsion
- The Williamsburg Winery Petit Manseng 2015
- Crispy Lamb's Neck with Tomato Conserve, Grilled Chanterelles, Spring Beans, Preserved Lemon, and Rosemary
- The Williamsburg Winery Adagio 2010
- Blackberries with Strawberries, Rhubarb, Yogurt, Bee Pollen, and Herbs
- The Williamsburg Winery Petite Fleur 2014
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.