Here’s a taste of what’s on tap at the Beard House today.
Buffalo Proper, 7:00 P.M.
Edward Forster and Bar Manager Jon Karel, Buffalo Proper, Buffalo, NY
After stints under star chefs like Jean-Georges, Georges Perrier, and Paul Kahan, Buffalo native Edward Forster returned to the city to bring his top-notch training home. The result is Buffalo Proper, a warm and welcoming eatery invoking Prohibition Era decadence through Forster’s hearty fare and Jon Karel’s meticulously crafted cocktails. Beard House diners will enjoy elevated plates like Rabbit Tartines with Cognac-Scented Apricot Mostarda; Beef Tartare with Oles Family Farm Asparagus, Shallots, and Caramelized Whey Gelato; and Foie Gras Torchon with Lavender Mustard, Rhubarb, Green Strawberries, and Hay-Smoked Pistachio Streusel.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Salmon Roe with Spinach and Seaweed
- Rabbit Tartines with Cognac-Scented Apricot Mostarda
- T-Meadow Farm Pig’s Head Croquettes with Smoked Aïoli and Fermented Vegetables
- Baby Gem Lettuce with Housemade Black Garlic Dressing and Prosciutto–Cheese Crumble
- St. Germain Cocktail > Green Chartreuse with Lemon, Grapefruit, Sugar, Egg Whites, and Grapefruit Bitters
- Bijou Phillips > Edinburgh Gin with Green Chartreuse, Yellow Chartreuse, Sweet Vermouth, Orange Bitters, and Celery Bitters
- Beef Tartare with Oles Family Farm Asparagus, Shallots, and Caramelized Whey Gelato
- François Villard Condrieu De Poncins 2013
- Chilled Almond Bisque with Salmon Belly Bacon, Lavender, and Fermented Almond Hummus
- Red Tail Ridge Miscreant 2013
- Roasted Oles Family Farm Kohlrabi with Black Vanilla Tahini, Cilantro–Yuzu Kosho Yogurt, Shaved Apples, and Gomasio
- G.D. Vajra Coste & Fossati Dolcetto d’Alba 2013
- Aged Duck Breast with Pine Nuts, Spruce, and Orange Essence
- A.A. Badenhorst Family Wines Red 2012
- Foie Gras Torchon with Lavender Mustard, Rhubarb, Green Strawberries, and Hay-Smoked Pistachio Streusel
- Red Tail Ridge Sticky Riesling 2012
- Yellow Chartreuse with Dandelion and Lemon
- Princess Isabelle > The Feathery Blended Malt Scotch Whisky with V.E.P. Yellow Chartreuse, Joe Bean Coffee, Cream, and Lavender Dust
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.