Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at JBF.
For the fourth year in a row, the James Beard Foundation Greens (foodies under 40) are partnering with the Film Society of Lincoln Center’s own under-40 group, New Wave, to present a fabulous evening of film and food at the organization’s Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center.
Guests will enjoy a special screening of the film SOMM: Into the Bottle with a Q&A with acclaimed sommeliers Thomas Pastuszak and Dustin Wilson, followed by a reception featuring bites like Mushroom–Spring Onion Risotto Balls and Soft Pretzel Nuggets with Beer Cheese Sauce from some of New York's finest chefs, oysters and cocktails from Plymouth Gin, beer from Negra Modelo and Modelo Especial, and wines from Robert Mondavi.
See the full menu below:
- Amorette Casaus, The Camlin
- Soft Pretzel Nuggets with Beer Cheese Sauce
- Salvatore Lobuglio and Danielle Lobuglio, Little Cupcake Bakeshop
- Miniature Brooklyn Blackout Cupcakes
- Bite-Sized S’mores
- Shaunna Sargent, indie food and wine at Lincoln Center
- Mushroom–Spring Onion Risotto Balls
- Sweet Pea–Mint Crostini
- Tuna Tramezzini
- Bobby Will, Saltaire Oyster Bar and Fish House
- Chilled Gulf Shrimp Noodle Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Purée, Puttanesca Vinaigrette, and Charred Olives
- Olive Oil–Poached Ora King Salmon with Carrot Kraut and Green Goddess Dressing on Rye
- Les Trois Petits Cochons
- Mousse Truffée
- Pâté au Poivre Noir
- Terrine des Trois Rois
- Parisian Ham–Comté Quiches
- Roasted Kale–Summer Squash Quiches
- Plymouth Gin Cocktails by Maxwell Britten, paired with oysters
- Negra Modelo and Modelo Especial
- Robert Mondavi Winery Fumé Blanc 2014
- Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
Can’t make it to the event? Get a taste of Little Cupcake Bakeshop’s treats with this recipe for Meyer lemon bars.
Bubbles at the Beach, 7:00 P.M.
Thomas Stewart, Gianni's at the Villa Casa Casuarina, Miami Beach, FL
Once the home of the late fashion icon Gianni Versace, South Beach’s Villa Casa Casuarina is now a boutique hotel with dazzling accommodations, including a gold-lined swimming pool. At this exceptional dinner, guests will enjoy a taste of the hotel’s extravagance through chef Thomas Stewart’s Italian-inspired cuisine and bubbles from the esteemed Franciacorta wine region of Italy. Expect decadent dishes like Cavolo Nero–Prosciutto Bruschetta with Black Tuscan Kale, 24-Month-Aged Prosciutto di Parma, and Pine Nut Dust; Corégano Crudo with Spicy Piquillo Pepper Emulsion, Lemon–Yuzu Foam, and Tomato Water Gelée; and Wagyu Beef Filet with Truffled Pommes Purée, Purple Asparagus, and Seared Foie Gras.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Cavolo Nero–Prosciutto Bruschetta with Black Tuscan Kale, 24-Month-Aged Prosciutto di Parma, and Pine Nut Dust
- Polenta Arrostito alla Griglia > Charred Polenta Squares with Homemade Dried Cod Mousse
- Formaggio di Capra Nocciola > Piedmont Goat Cheese Tarts with Hazelnuts
- Insalata Estiva with Meyer Lemon Ricotta, Tomato Pearls, Basil Pearls, and Olive Oil Jam
- Gamberi e Grana > Mojo Shrimp with White Grits and Sweet Corn
- Biondelli Franciacorta Brut NV
- Barone Pizzini Franciacorta Brut NV
- Fratelli Berlucchi Azienda Agricola Franciacorta Brut NV
- Zuppa di Patate Affurnicate > Smoked Heirloom Potato Soup with Garden Chives
- Castello di Gussago La Santissima Franciacorta Brut NV
- Corégano Crudo with Spicy Piquillo Pepper Emulsion, Lemon–Yuzu Foam, and Tomato Water Gelée
- Il Mosnel Franciacorta Satèn 2011
- Herbed Spinach Gnocchi with Seared King Oyster Mushrooms, Tomato Nage, and Brioche–Parmesan Crumbs
- Enrico Gatti Erbusco Franciacorta Satèn 2011
- Filetto di Manzo Rossini > Wagyu Beef Filet with Truffled Pommes Purée, Purple Asparagus, and Seared Foie Gras
- Majolini Franciacorta Altera Brut Rosé NV
- Basil Granita
- Gianni’s Bella Luna > Gianduja Chocolate Mousse with Hazelnut Feuilletine, Passion Fruit Caviar, and Chocolate Gelée
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.