James Beard Foundation Greens events are for New York City–area food lovers between the ages of 21 and 39. Greens guests get to discover the city’s newest restaurants, chefs, and culinary trends, all while enjoying great food and drinks. While these events are open to the public, a JBF Greens membership entitles you to reduced pricing for all events, early access to event booking, entrance to special members-only gatherings, and many other great benefits.
Greens events are open to the public, but a JBF Greens membership offers many fantastic benefits, including reduced pricing for all Greens programming, early booking privileges, and more. The annual Greens membership dues are $75.
JBF Greens members receive:
- Advance notice of Greens events, which are held about once a month
- Exclusive invitations to JBF Greens members–only events
- Member-priced tickets for two people for all Greens events (does not apply to non-Greens events)
- JBF Notes, our bimonthly newsletter exclusively for JBF members
- Beard Bites member version, our weekly e-newsletter with exclusive content for members
- Access to exclusive members content on jamesbeard.org
- Special pricing at select James Beard House events, as available
*Please note that JBF Greens members receive member-level prices for Greens events only. Greens members do not receive the member rate for regular JBF dining events at the James Beard House and special events. There are at least a dozen JBF Greens events throughout the year.
Hungry for more? Follow us on Instagram: @jbfgreens @beardfoundation
Held at numerous dynamic venues throughout the five boroughs, Greens events include wine tastings, multi-course dinners, and From Scratch Sessions, our series of hands-on cooking classes and demos.
Save the date! Upcoming 2017 Greens events:
- Green Tea Workshop at Ippodo Tea (January 23)
- Baking with Little Cupcake Bakeshop (January 31)
- Night of Food and Music with Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center at Alice Tully Hall (February 10)
- Jazz at Lincoln Center: an evening of delicious food, stunning views, and great music (March 4)
- and many more!
Past 2016 Greens events:
- 15th Annual Holiday Party
- Baking Class with Little Cupcake Bakeshop
- An evening at Mana Contemporary: a walk-around tasting curated by JBF Greens and Mana Wine at Mana Contemporary featuring art, wine tastings, beer, and dishes by top Jersey City chefs
- Second Annual Queens Cooks
- Market Dinner at Market Table
- A Night of Film & Food with Film Society of Lincoln Center
- Tacos, Tequila, and Beer Beach Bash at the Dream Downtown
- Celebrate Harlem at New York City Center
- New Zealand Wine Fair: a walk-around tasting of more than 25 New Zealand wineries, plus food provided by New York City chefs
- Winter Italian Supper at Rossopomodoro
- Jazz at Lincoln Center: an evening of delicious food, stunning views, and great music
To view our complete events calendar, click here.
Greens Event Invitation Signup
Want to get Greens invitations in your inbox? Sign up below! Anyone can sign up for Greens invitations, but members get advance notice of all events and can make their reservations earlier. Greens members are automatically added to our email list when they join.
Have questions about the Greens membership? Email us at email@example.com.
Interested in hosting a Greens event? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Event Highlights
The James Beard Foundation Greens and Stonehenge Partners kicked off summer with an evening of stunning views, delicious food, refreshing drinks, and great music at a sky-high party on the 36th floor of the Olivia in New York City.
Jazz at Lincoln Center
The Greens met up with Jazz at Lincoln Center's own under-40 group, Hang Set, for a festive night of stunning views, classic jazz, and delicious food prepared by some of New York's top chefs.
A Moveable Feast
The Greens joined residents from the Stonehenge portfolio for a unique tasting party, hopping from apartment to apartment to try gourmet bites and tasty beverages, all while taking in fantastic city views.
At the most recent installment of our beloved Brooklyn Cooks event, the Greens enjoyed an eclectic multi-course dinner prepared by a team of popular Brooklyn-based chefs and artisans. Diners also enjoyed a range of spirits from the Glenlivet portfolio.
Fall Pie Class with First Prize Pies
Allison Kave of First Prize Pies taught JBF Greens the secrets behind perfectly flaky pie crust and demonstrated a range of creative, autumnal pie fillings. Attendees were also treated to samples of Kave’s award-winning pies.
The James Beard Foundation Greens got a dose of good cheer at our yearly holiday party, which was held at the historic James Beard House. This walk-around event featured culinary delights from some of the city's most exciting chefs, as well as wines and cocktails.