Apple, Goat Cheese, and Country Ham Crostini
Capriole Farmstead Goat Cheese - Greenville, IN
These simple goat cheese crostini are a welcome addition to any cocktail party. Judy Schad recommends country ham, but if you can’t find some authentic product, prosciutto will also work well.
- 1 baguette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced country ham or prosciutto
- 1 Fuji or other crisp apple, cored and very thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Thinly slice the baguette on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices. Brush bread slices lightly with olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and let cool.
Set the oven to broil. Combine cheese, thyme, and black pepper. Spread the mixture over the crostini, top with one to two apple slices, and loosely place ham on top. Place crostini on a baking sheet. Broil until the cheese just starts to melt, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.