This fragrant chicken curry stew, courtesy of James Beard Award sponsor All-Clad is a great way to use spices in your pantry, and whatever seasonal vegetables are in your fridge.
- Chopped aromatic vegetables, like onions, garlic, celery, carrots, or leeks
- Chicken thighs (or any other protein)
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Curry powder
- Assorted spices like ground coriander, turmeric, cumin, or your favorite curry blend
- Baby potatoes
- Chopped cilantro, mint, or basil to garnish
Sweat your aromatic vegetables until golden brown before adding chicken thighs and broth.
Cook curry powder and other spices in oil in a separate pan to let the spices bloom.
Simmer stew and season with salt and more spices to taste. Add potatoes and tomatoes and cook. Top with fresh herbs and serve.