L’Etoile and Deja Food Group, Madison, WI
Chef Miller created this recipe for America Cooks with Chefs, our healthy cooking competition in partnership with the Clinton Health Matters Initiative. Find more healthy recipes at americacookswithchefs.com.
- 1 head radicchio, sliced
- 1 head frisée sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons shaved Parmesan
- 2 cups sliced pears or apples
Mince the shallots and add vinegar; set aside for at least 15 min or up to 2 hours.
Soak the radicchio and frisée in a bowl of ice water for 1 hour, then spin or dry completely.
When ready to serve, add all ingredients to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.