Cooling Salad with Strawberry Dressing
Natural Foods Chef, Author, TV host, and former Top Chef Contestant
Strawberries and balsamic are a great match. Andrea Beaman pairs them in a vinaigrette for this salad, which she prepared at her summer Beard House workshop on seasonal cooking.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head green or red leaf lettuce, cleaned and shredded
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup pitted olives
- 1 tablespoon toasted sunflower seeds
To make the strawberry dressing, combine the strawberries, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, water, and salt in a blender. Purée until smooth.
To make the salad, toss the lettuce, shallots, tomatoes, blackberries, olives, and sunflower seeds in a bowl. Drizzle with the strawberry dressing to taste.