Author and Educator
“I have maintained all my life that this is the best cooked crab I have ever known.” –James Beard
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 pounds crabmeat
- 3 cups cracker crumbs, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Combine celery, green pepper, green onions, and parsley together in a mixing bowl. Add crabmeat, 2 1/2 cup cracker crumbs, salt, dry mustard, dash of Tabasco sauce, heavy cream, and butter. Toss well. Spoon mixture into a buttered baking dish, then top with remaining cracker crumbs, and brush with melted butter. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crumbs are delicately browned. Serve the dish at once.