Dublin Iced Coffee
Polite Provisions - San Diego
A mix of Irish whiskey, stout, brown sugar, and cold-brewed coffee, this refreshing cocktail by Erick Castro of the 2016 JBFA semifinalist Polite Provisions is one of the San Diego hot spot’s biggest sellers.
- 2 ounces cold-brewed coffee
- 2 ounces coffee stout, like AleSmith Speedway Stout
- 1 ½ ounces Jameson Irish Whiskey
- ¾ ounce brown sugar simple syrup
- Cream and freshly grated cinnamon for garnish
Make the brown sugar simple syrup: combine equal parts brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil and simmer until sugar has dissolved. Let cool.
In a Collins glass filled with ice, stir together the coffee, coffee stout, whiskey, and simple syrup. Top with a splash of heavy cream and freshly grated cinnamon.