Goat Cheese Popovers
Clink at the Liberty Hotel Boston
For his Beard house event, chef Joseph Margate made these delicious popovers with goat cheese from Blue Ledge Farm.
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing pans
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped chives
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Small pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Liberally grease a nonstick, 9-cup popover or muffin pan with softened butter.
Combine the goat cheese, parsley, and chives in small bowl. Set aside.
Divide the batter among the 9 greased cups, filling each halfway. Drop a 1/2 teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture into the middle of each batter-filled cup. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the popovers are a deep brown. Serve immediately.