Marea - NYC
This picnic-friendly salad was created by Michael White, chef of Marea, the 2010 JBF Award Winner for Best New Restaurant, in conjunction with Mercedes-Benz.
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 6 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound asparagus, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 large carrot, finely julienned
- 1/2 small seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 head of Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, whisk the white balsamic vinegar with the Dijon mustard and the 1/4 cup of olive oil; season with salt and black pepper. Add the radishes, fennel, asparagus, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, basil, and tarragon and toss gently to coat. Serve the salad right away.