Italian Tuna, White Bean, and Red Onion Salad
Marea - NYC
This picnic-friendly dish of tuna and white beans was created by Michael White, chef of Marea, the 2010 JBF Award Winner for Best New Restaurant, in conjunction with Mercedes-Benz.
- 4 cups canned white beans drained, rinsed and chilled
- 1 1/2 6-ounce cans tuna packed in olive oil, drained, broken into chunks
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place beans in large bowl. Add tuna and onion; drizzle with oil. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.