Oyster Shooters with Tomato, Lime, and Chiles
TRADE - Boston
This zesty seafood shooter delivers a one-two punch of ginger and minced serrano chile. Chef Hebert favors Island Creek Oysters from Duxbury, Massachusetts.
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 serrano chile, seeds removed, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated garlic
- Pinch salt
- 12 oysters, shucked
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine the tomato juice, ketchup, serrano chile, all of the citrus juice and zest, ginger, garlic, and salt. Mix well and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Pour about 2 tablespoons of the tomato mixture into each shot glass. Add a shucked oyster to each glass.
Garnish with a pinch of scallions and cilantro. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve very cold.
One dozen shooters