Potatoes con Bagna Cauda Vinaigrette
Marea - NYC
New potatoes are tossed with an aggressively flavored vinaigrette in this picnic-friendly salad from chef Michael White of Marea in New York City, in conjunction with Mercedes-Benz.
- 1 pound baby red bliss potatoes, pre-cooked
- 6 anchovy filets, packed in oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed and soaked overnight
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
Potatoes: Bring 1 pound of potatoes in cold, salted water up to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender. Drain and chill. Once cold, quarter potatoes and store in refrigerator.
Vinaigrette: In a food processor, combine anchovies, garlic and capers. Purée until smooth. Add lemon juice and oil. Process until smooth. Pour in the cream and process until smooth. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Assembly: Toss quartered, chilled potatoes with the vinaigrette and serve.