Quaff ON! Better Burger
Quaff On! Brewing Co. - Bloomington, IN
Chef Dan Nichols's Better Burger gets a bit of kick from green chilies.
- Burger Patties:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 cups (12 ounces) crimini mushroom, finely chopped
- 28 ounces beef blend (50% chuck/25% sirloin/25% brisket), medium grind
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) chopped pimento, liquid pressed out
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) minced roasted green chiles, liquid pressed our
- Pinch garlic powder
- Pinch smoked paprika
- 2 ounces dried porcini mushroom powder
- For garnish:
- Triple crème brie
- Caramelized Spanish onions
- Beer mustard
- Baby arugula
- Sliced vine-ripened tomatoes
- 4 brioche buns
Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until very tender and paste like, about 10 minutes.
Make the burger patties: in a large stainless mixing bowl, incorporate the mushrooms with all the remaining burger ingredients by hand. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form into 4 1/2-inch-thick patties. Refrigerate overnight.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Cook each burger to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium.
Serve the burgers with the garnishes on the side.