Radish Greens Salsa Verde
Late Harvest Kitchen and The North End BBQ, Indianapolis
This waste-less recipe is a great solution for leftover bread and a perfect way to use up extra radish greens. We like to serve this salsa verde with grilled meats and seafood, as a sandwich spread, or even served alongside fresh crudité.
- 2 cups radish greens, rinsed thoroughly and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups leftover bread, roughly chopped
- 1 cup curly leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 8 to 10 anchovies, rinsed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine the radish greens, chopped bread, parsley, vinegar, anchovies, eggs, capers, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a mixing bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes to allow the vinegar to moisten the bread and to let the flavors come together.
After 20 minutes, put the bread mixture in a food processor and pulse gently until a rough paste forms. Slowly add the olive oil to the paste while pulsing the food processor. The salsa verde should have the consistency of a thick spread.
Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2 1/2 cups